1. When is it possible to submit an abstract for EANS2018?
- Abstract Submission is open from December 20, 2017 – April 16, 2018
2. Where can I submit my abstract?
- You can submit your abstract on the website www.eans2018.com under the Programme & Abstracts section, where you will find a direct link to the electronic submission system.
- Here is the direct link to the EANS2018 abstract submission system.
3. How do I submit an abstract I want to be considered for presentation at EANS2018?
- Please view the list of topics (see point 4).
- Please choose one of the topics and submit your abstract via the electronic system (see question 2).
- The abstract is limited to 300 words and the upload of one picture and one table.
- You have to indicate one presenting author who will receive all information regarding the submitted abstract and further procedures. The presenting author is responsible for forwarding the information to the other co-authors.
- If your abstract is accepted, the presenting author needs to register for EANS2018 (see points 10-13). If the presenting author is not registered for the congress by July 2, 2018, this will affect the inclusion of the oral presentation or ePoster.
- For further information regarding presenting authors please see points 9-13.
4. For which topics can I submit an abstract?
- The list of EANS2018 Abstract Topics is available on the website www.eans2018.com under the Programme & Abstracts section.
- Here is the direct link to the EANS2018 Abstract Topics list.
5. Can I make changes to the abstract in the electronic submission system?
- You have the possibility to edit your abstract in the submission system by re-entering the system with the login details you have received when registering to the EANS2018 abstract submission.
- Please note that this is only possible for as long as the EANS2018 abstract submission is open. After the submission deadline – April 16, 2018 – no changes can be made.
6. How many abstracts can be submitted by one presenting author?
- Every presenting author is allowed to submit a maximum of 3 abstracts.
Contact for Questions & Problems
7. Who can I contact if I have general questions about EANS2018 abstract submission?
- Please check if you can find an answer to your question(s) in this document. If the answer is not listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions regarding abstract submission that are not related to the electronic submission of abstracts (see point 8 for the contact re electronic submission issues).
8. Who can I contact if I have questions regarding the electronic submission of my abstract?
- If you have any problems with submitting your abstract or if you have any questions regarding the electronic submission of your abstract, please contact:
Presenting Author & Registration to EANS2018
9. Can I change the presenting author after the abstract has been submitted?
- Yes, it is possible to change the presenting author after the abstract has been submitted.
- Changing the presenting author before the abstract submission deadline: As long as abstract submissions are open, the person that submitted the abstract can log into the abstract submission system with the login details he/she received during the abstract submission process and change the presenting author.
- Changing the presenting author after the abstract submission deadline: If it is necessary to change the presenting author after the abstract submission deadline please contact:
10. Is it necessary to register for EANS2018 if I want my abstract to be presented?
- Yes, the author that was indicated as the presenting author in the abstract submission system has to register for EANS2018 by July 2, 2018.
- For further information regarding necessary steps in order to have your abstract accepted for presentation at EANS2018 please see point 3.
11. Until when do I have to register for the EANS2018 Congress if I am the presenting author of an abstract?
- July 2, 2018
12. Where can I register for EANS2018?
- Registration is possible on the website www.eans2018.com in the Registration section.
13. Can I register as a speaker?
- Unfortunately not. Only invited speakers are allowed to register as a speaker.
Notification of Acceptance & Type of Presentation
14. When will I be notified about whether my abstract was accepted?
- Notifications regarding abstract acceptance will be sent out to all presenting authors of submitted abstracts on June 6, 2018.
- The presenting author is responsible for communicating this information to her/his co-authors.
15. How will I be informed about whether my abstract was accepted?
- Once the reviewing of abstracts is complete, all presenting authors of submitted abstracts will be notified by email.
- The presenting author is responsible for communicating this information to her/his co- authors.
- In the case of an abstract that has been accepted for presentation, the presenting author will also be informed as to the type of presentation (see point 16) the abstract has been allocated.
16. What types of presentation of abstracts will be possible?
- Oral Presentation: Presentation during a scientific session
- ePoster: Inclusion in the electronic ePoster area as well as on the EANS Academy
- Video Presentation: Presentation of a short video that will be shown during a scientific session
17. How and when will I receive more details regarding the type of presentation to which my abstract has been allocated?
- Accepted abstracts are allocated to one of three presentation types (see point 16).
- On June 6, 2018 all presenting authors of accepted abstracts will be notified to which type of presentation their abstract has been allocated.
- Further, detailed information relating to the type of presentation (oral presentation, ePoster, video presentation) will be sent to all presenting authors after the notifications of acceptance are sent out.
18. What are the abstract awards categories?
- Best Abstract Award: The Scientific Committee will choose the three best abstracts assigned for Oral Presentation.
- Best Poster Award: The Scientific Committee will choose the three best abstracts assigned for ePoster.
19. What are the prizes for the EANS2018 Best Abstract and Poster Award winners?
- Best Abstract Award: The best rated out of the three Best Abstract Award winners will receive a free registration to EANS2019 in Dublin. The other two winners will be awarded a year's free membership of the EANS.
- Best ePoster Award: The best rated out of the three Best ePoster Award winners will receive a free registration to EANS2019 in Dublin. The other two winners will be awarded a year's free membership of the EANS.
20. When will the award winners be announced and the awards presented?
- The Best Abstract and Best ePoster Award winners will be announced and awarded in the Closing Session on Thursday October 25, 2018.