1. Where can I apply for a travel grant?
- To apply for a travel grant please visit http://eans2018.com/accommodation-and- travel/tg.html and submit the required documents listed on the webpage.
- Attention: All documents are required for a valid application.
We will not accept application documents via e-mail. Applicants will have to upload all files to this system! Invalid applications cannot be considered.
2. What criteria are required to apply for a travel grant?
- Candidates must be neurosurgeons 40 years of age or under at the time of EANS2018 (whether qualified or in training): born on October 21, 1978 or later.
- Country in which the candidate lives and works must be in the World Bank Low Income or Lower Middle Income category as at February 2018 – see HERE.
- Candidates must have submitted an abstract for the EANS2018 congress, and the abstract needs to have been accepted (notification of acceptance will be sent after submission).
- Attention: Do not register now! You will receive instructions after your application has been reviewed! Please note that we can accept applications only until 30th May 2018.
3. What documents are required to apply for a travel grant and where can I submit them?
- Personal Statement of one A4 page outlining why and how attending EANS2018 would be of benefit to you.
- CV (maximum 2 pages).
- Confirmation of the institution/hospital/university you work for (with stamp & signature).
- Copy of passport identity page.
4. Is there a special procedure to register for the Congress?
- Do not register unless you received a notification mail from the EANS2018 Organising Team.
- You will receive instructions on how to register for EANS2018 Congress after your application has been reviewed (after 20th June).
5. When will I know if my application was accepted and I was chosen to receive the travel grant money?
- All valid applications will be reviewed and you will receive a notification after 20th June.
6. How and when will I receive the travel grant money?
- Your Travel Grant (less registration fee) will be disbursed by the EANS Office. You will receive an e-mail with detailed information in case of acceptance for travel grant.
7. Whom can I contact if I have general questions about EANS2018 travel grant?
- Please check if you can find an answer to your question(s) in one of the FAQ documents. If the answer is not listed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions.